What to see in Procida in three days
Procida is a fascinating island in the Gulf of Naples that offers many exciting experiences for a three-day stay. Here are some suggestions for what to see and do during your stay:
Take a stroll around the port of Marina Corricella, considered one of the most picturesque places on the island.
Visit the Church of Santa Maria delle Grazie, famous for its colourful majolica.
Go to the Castello d’Avalos to enjoy a panoramic view of the island and the surrounding sea.
Paddle around Procida: Rent a kayak and take to the waters around Procida to see the island from a different perspective. You can also take in hidden coves and cliffs not visible from land.
Spend a day at the beach and enjoy the crystal clear sea. Chiaia Beach is one of the most beautiful and famous beaches on the island.
Explore the village of Terra Murata, which is situated on a hill and is known for its ancient fortifications and narrow alleys.
Visit the Graziella House Museum, which is dedicated to the novel “Graziella” by Alphonse de Lamartine and will give you an insight into daily life on the island in the 19th century.
Join a boat tour around the island and enjoy the breathtaking views of the coast and sea .
Visit the Convent of St. Francis, which houses a large collection of antique majolica.
Taste local dishes and fresh fish at restaurants along the harbour. Island specialities include stuffed octopus, salt-crusted luvero fish, and pasta with sea urchins. In addition, one of the signature dishes of the island is Coniglio alla Procidana, a rabbit dish usually prepared with cherry tomatoes, garlic, rosemary, olive oil, and white wine
“Gorgonia: This restaurant is known for their dishes made with fresh fish caught in the waters of Procida, such as their famous lemon salad and spaghetti with sea urchins. The atmosphere is relaxed and ideal for couples or groups of friends. It is located in Via Marina di Corricella 50 and the phone number is +39 081 810 1060.
These are just a few suggestions for your stay in Procida. With a little exploration and discovery, you will surely find other interesting activities during your visit. Enjoy!
Procida has been chosen as a film set for numerous films, including The Postman, The Talented Mr. Ripley, and Cleopatra, among others. The Talented Mr. Ripley, a 1999 movie featuring Matt Damon, Jude Law, Gwyneth Paltrow, Cate Blanchett, and Philip Seymour Hoffman, has also been filmed in Procida, along with Positano and Ischia. For a comprehensive list of movies filmed in Procida, IMDb provides a search function for titles filmed in Procida Island, Naples, Campania, Italy
Best beaches in Procida
- La Lingua Beach – Located in the Marina of Marina Grande, this pebble beach offers a panoramic view and retains its natural and wild charm despite being close to the port.
- Spiaggia del Pozzo Vecchio – This is a local beach that is perfect for families. Although it has some issues, it offers a nice environment for a good time.
- Spiaggia Chiaia – This is another beach that is popular with families. The beach has a calm atmosphere and is perfect for relaxation.
- Ciraccio Beach – This is a small and secluded beach that is perfect for people who want to get away from the crowds. The beach is accessible by boat and is a great spot for swimming and sunbathing.
- Marina Chiaiolella – This is a beautiful bay with crystal clear waters and a lively atmosphere. The beach is surrounded by restaurants, bars, and cafes, making it a great spot for a day out.
- Il Postino Beach – This beach is located in the center of the island and is named after the famous Italian movie “Il Postino”. The beach is small but charming and offers a beautiful view of the sea.
Overall, Procida offers a variety of beautiful beaches that are perfect for relaxation, swimming, and sunbathing.